Sunday, October 20, 2013

Christmas Is Sneaking Up On Me

I just realized that Christmas is right around the corner, and I haven't started making gifts yet.
I'm so glad that I started doing crafts, because it is definitely going to save me a pretty penny on gifts this year.

Here's an idea you might try:

Decorate a box:
My grandmother recently gave me a wood burning kit, so I plan on decorating a box using wood burning, paint, and mod podge. Wood burning might be a bit hard, but modge podge should be pretty simple. You can get a bottle of it at Walmart or a craft store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Pick a box and layer mod podge, colorful paper, and random findings until you have a design you like. You might also fill the box with something like dried flowers. Grandmothers love things like that.

I plan on doing something much bigger, but here's an  example of what you can do with Mod Podge.
Matchbox Drawer I use to ship my charms in. 

Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RandomWish

No comments:

Post a Comment